Faucets are wildly used in our daily life. Every household owner has at least two taps. One is kitchen faucet, the other is bathroom faucet. If the faucet is not come with an aerator, the water comes out from the faucet may splash everywhere. So, faucet with aerator is a good option to achieve splash free. However, there will be some impurities on the aerator for a long time use, which would cause clog on faucet, the water flow will become smaller. How to clean or replace aerator if need?
The aerator is often used in every household. Few of people knows that the faucet aerator will accumulate a lot of impurities in the water for a long time use. At a snail’s space, a layer of sediment will adhere to it, which is difficult to clean. If it is not cleaned in time, it will block the faucet and even cause the faucet aerator to be washed away. Then, we must clean up in time, get rid of debris, and keep the faucet aerator unblocked.
First of all, it’s better to have a backup aerator at home. The aerator is very affordable and can be purchased online or at a hardware store. We can store a few more at once for timely replacement, which is very convenient. When removing the faucet aerator, you must use certain things. Turn the faucet open from the final position of the device, so that the aerator can be easily removed. When installing a new aerator, the equipment must be carried out in accordance with the instructions for use. Maybe you can ask the dealer carefully when purchasing.
How do I usually clean the aerator of the faucet?
1. Clean the faucet and aerator punctually according to household practice.
2. There are two flat surfaces at the outlet of the faucet that can be turned with a wrench, that is, unscrew the faucet to take out the aerator inside, rinse with clean water, and then gently rinse with a toothbrush dipped in mild liquid detergent or toothpaste.
3. The aerator can also be soaked in white vinegar for 4-6 hours, and then used to rinse with water to remove the scale.
4. When cleaning the stains on the surface of the faucet, usually use a neutral detergent to clean the surface of the faucet, and then wipe it dry with a clean soft cloth. Try not to use detergents such as decontamination powder and toilet cleaner, which are usually rich in mineral particles, which will damage the electroplating finish.
5. When cleaning the appearance of the faucet, you can also use a slice of lemon to rub it for a few times to brighten it as new.