It is not difficult to replace a bathroom faucet if you have a little DIY experience. There are lots of videos of changing faucets on Youtube.
Below are the primary steps for changing a basin faucet.
- Turn off the hot and cold water pipes to the valve under the sink.
- Turn on the faucet handle to drain the remaining water in the pipes.
- Place a large container under the sink to catch the water and then disconnect the supply lines and tap.
- If the supply tubes are old and the gasket is worn out, it’s better to replace them with durable flexible stainless steel braided ones.
- Unscrew the mounting nuts under the sink that secure the faucet.
- Pull up the old faucet assembly from the top until it clears the sink.
- Place the new faucet in position and install the valves into the appropriate holes.
- Put a washer over the mounting nut. Tighten with a wrench or pliers.
- Connect the hot and cold water supply tubes.
Learning to replace a bathroom faucet can give you more control over your plumbing, whether your fixtures are worn, leaking, or just overdue for a change.
To learn about the installation through the video, please click this link: https://www.youtube.com/HowToReplace